You don’t need specific qualifications or access to specialist software to be able to do it, and you can trade when markets are falling as well as rising. This means that it has lots of uses for a wide variety of traders
Spread betting has lots of uses for a wide variety of traders
For example, spread betting can appeal to:
- People who are looking to build a new source of income
- Those who want to take a view on the movement of financial markets
- Traders looking to try new types of financial asset (eg shares dealers who might want to try betting on stock indices or forex)
- Investors who want their money go further with leverage (remembering that leverage can also magnify losses)
- Traders looking to offset risk by hedging
- Those who enjoy challenging themselves and are familiar with the world of finance
- Trading professionals who want to make a living from the markets
Risk warning: Remember that spread bets are leveraged products and can result in losses that exceed deposits.
Subscribe to 'The week ahead' newsletter
Ready to put theory into practice?
Try a spread betting platform with £10,000 virtual funds. Remember, losses can exceed deposits.